We just had Ella's one month birthday this past Sunday. We weighed her and she is 10lbs even by our ghetto weighing style. (Dave weighs himself then holds her and weighs again) I made a super cute iron on onesie to celebrate the occasion. I actually made it two days late but that's OK with me.
I take about 10-30 pictures a day either on my camera or my phone, so if you would like I can always shoot ya a quick e-mail with a picture of the cutest baby in the world.
Our "other" babies are adjusting to the life with Ella pretty well. Snowy is very mother like always watching and near Ella. She lays by her crib a lot if she is in it or where ever Ella is. Snowy even gets up with me in the middle of the night to fed or check on Ella. Dash is a nice big brother but is just his silly self and likes to give Ella hello kisses and sniffs.
Daddy Dave is doing well with Ella. Dave has his first big test tomorrow of just him and Ella for a few hours while mommy meets up with some old friends. We will see how that goes. Daddy Dave is Ella's best napping buddy, but sometimes forgets that you can't always nap when you need to keep her awake. I also want to add that Daddy get plenty of beauty rest at the time being. We are trying to get him able to give Ella a bottle of pumped milk in the night on the weekends. One time we tried he fell asleep in the middle of the living room floor while waiting for it to warm up a bit. This is a major work in Progress!
Everyone always is always asking how is mommy life? My response is that I am getting used to 3 hours of sleep and starting to function well with very little sleep. Or at least I think I am functioning well. Ella is sleeping in longer stretches at night, but she is a loud sleeper so I do not get as much sleep as I like to be able to hear her breathe on the monitor. I am starting to get better about this.
Enough rambling from me for now I will update again soon!
Love
M
No comments:
Post a Comment